March 21, 2010

The Trustworthy One

We trust who we know is trustworthy.  The better you know someone, the more you know how much you can trust that person. 

It is the same way for us with God, with one great exception:  He alone is altogether, completely, 100% trustworthy.  He is the God of the universe all by Himself. 

You may have one, two, or even more people in your inner circle that you trust.  You might feel that you can tell them anything.  If so, that's a good thing.  But here's a greater thing:  God never changes.  He is always in a good mood.  His love never fails.  He is always for you, and never against you.

These are not just words recited from the Bible.  This is the Person I know who is my Best Friend, my Counselor and Confidante, my most intitimate Partner and Guide through life.  I can trust Him with my thoughts, my fears, worries, failures and weaknesses, my deepest desires and hopes, and with all the things I care about. 

How?  I quit working on building my faith a while ago.  Now I just keep getting to know Him better, by talking with and listening to Him, every day.  I keep discovering, in new ways all the time, that He is so much better than I ever thought before.  He is The Trustworthy One. 


Green Mountain Falls, Colorado




No comments: