March 23, 2010

Say the Word . . .


The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as
perfume and incense -- Proverbs 27:9 [NLT]

Oh, Lord, when I am grieved in my spirit and my soul about the negativity of humanity around me, I run to you, my Hiding Place. Enlarge my tent, O Lord, and expand my intake of You. Please teach me how to NOT react out of the fleshiness of my soul and NOT to agree with the Accuser of the brethren. Please teach me and move me to respond out of my spirit, in agreement with Your Spirit, with prayer, with praise, with worship, with ministry in two or three or six (!) directions. One thing I do. I look to you. Teach me and move me to fix my gaze. Thank you, Lord, that you are bigger, you are greater, you are better.

With words from your mouth, you created everything we know, and how much more that we don’t know. With one word, You can completely change my life, calling things that are not, as though they were. And Bam! There they are! Teach me to say what You’re saying, Lord, to go where You’re going, to do what You’re doing – everywhere, every day, every way. All Your ways are good, and all Your paths are perfect. There is a good word to be said in response to any negativity. Put it in my mouth, Lord! Lead me on . . .

But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: Jesus! He is the Good Word. – from Romans 10:8


Madelynn and Julia -- BFF

No comments: