September 18, 2008

Parts is Parts


Day 128
Why do people just want little pieces of Me? They pick and choose the things about Me they think they want. Every one wants what every one wants. People will do exactly what they want to do. If they want to go after the riches of this world, they will. If they want to know Me, they will. If they want parts of Me, that's what they will get -- parts. This is why my church is fragmented. They all prefer different parts of Me.

Does it seem like your life is fragmented? Is there confusion? Look to Me. Lay everything else aside, and look only to me. Can you do this? Are you open to receive all I have to give and to do in your life? Or do you just want pieces? You want Me to replace the parts of this world that you're not happy with, but to hold onto the parts you like.

All I am is available to you. All of Me is what you need, but you are resisting Me in some ways. Check the first commandment again. More than a command, it's a promise to you. What you embrace will rule your life.

For they mouth empty, boastful words and, by appealing to the lustful desires of sinful human nature, they entice people who are just escaping from those who live in error. They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity--for a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. -- 2 Peter 2:18-20

I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. You shall have no other gods before me. -- Exodus 20:2-4

You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see. Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. -- Revelation 3:17-22

No comments: