September 17, 2008

Higher

Day 127

Keep following Me. Keep coming up higher. Why do you think I would just leave you sitting somewhere, overwhelmed by all your troubles? Get up! Get up and start walking again. My hand is reaching out to you. Take it! Be lifted up! Don't wallow. Don't gripe and murmur and mumble. Don't despair. Do not doubt Me! It is your doubt, and only your doubt, that limits Me.

Lift up your head. Look up. Take my hand. Take both of my hands. Look into my eyes. See me smile. I'm waiting to embrace you. Let Me pull you close and enfold you completely in my arms. Will you let Me take you? Come up.
Here we go . . . !


Lord, how they are increased who trouble me! Many are they who rise up against me. Many are saying of me, "There is no help for him in God." But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, my glory, and the lifter of my head. -- Psalm 3:1-3

From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. -- Psalm 61:2

After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this." -- Revelation 4:1

My heart is steadfast, O God; I will sing and make music with all my soul. Awake, harp and lyre! I will awaken the dawn. I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples. For great is your love, higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens, and let your glory be over all the earth. Save us and help us with your right hand, that those you love may be delivered. Give us aid against the enemy, for the help of man is worthless. With God we will gain the victory, and he will trample down our enemies. -- Psalm 108:1-6, 13

No comments: