August 15, 2008

Something New


Day 107
What are you waiting for? What are you looking for? What are you looking at? Are you tired of the same old, same old? So am I. But I am waiting on you. I wait on you a whole lot more than you wait on Me. Instead of waiting on Me, why do you wade in the muck of the same old? Yesterday is gone! Tomorrow holds the possibility of every promise I speak to you. But the key is today. The key is in your hand. What does my word tell you to do today? Do not harden your heart -- do not let it be hardened by sin's deceitfulness -- do not be kept from entering God's rest because of unbelief. Unbelief stays my hand and keeps me from moving. I will not live where there is unbelief. I live and move where there is faith.

Today: Believe. Today: Take hold of my promise to you. Today: Begin to speak and believe the new things I want to do in you and in everything you touch. You will receive my gift of faith when you wait upon Me and hear what the Spirit is saying to you -- for your situation. I have put you in situations, because I want to move in them through you. I am bringing my kingdom to the earth. It comes through you. I flow through people's faith. That's the way I have set it up. Where is your faith? Do you see it in my word? What do you see? What do you say?

So, as the Holy Spirit says: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion, during the time of testing in the desert, where your fathers tested and tried me and for forty years saw what I did. That is why I was angry with that generation, and I said, 'Their hearts are always going astray, and they have not known my ways.' So I declared on oath in my anger, 'They shall never enter my rest.'" See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their unbelief. -- Hebrews 3:7-13, 19

Now on the final and most important day of the Feast, Jesus stood, and He cried in a loud voice, If any man is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink! He who believes in Me [who cleaves to and trusts in and relies on Me] as the Scripture has said, From his innermost being shall flow [continuously] springs and rivers of living water. -- John 7:37-38 [AMP]

NOW FAITH is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses]. For by [faith—trust and holy fervor born of faith] the men of old had divine testimony borne to them and obtained a good report. By faith we understand that the worlds [during the successive ages] were framed (fashioned, put in order, and equipped for their intended purpose) by the word of God, so that what we see was not made out of things which are visible. But without faith it is impossible to please and be satisfactory to Him. For whoever would come near to God must [necessarily] believe that God exists and that He is the rewarder of those who earnestly and diligently seek Him [out]. -- Hebrews 11:1-3, 6 [AMP]

Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new; now it will spring forth; will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert. -- Isaiah 43:18-19

No comments: