August 12, 2008

Feed your Faith


Day 106
Have you lost your appetite? Feel sluggish? Tired? Limp? Useless? Hopeless? Like who cares? Get up and eat. A table is prepared for you right where you are -- in the presence of your enemies. Pressures from without and negative thoughts from within, working on you to shape your attitudes and rule you through your emotions -- these are your adversaries. Rise up in their presence and eat.


Feed your faith. Eat my Word. Drink my living water. Take communion often. It is a prophetic external act that tells your spirit to feed on Me. I am Spirit. I am life. Don't eat what your enemy is setting before you. I have prepared the meal and set the table that you are to eat from.

Eat my Word -- Don't just look at it. Feed on it. Pick up bites and handfuls of it. Put it inside and digest it. Meditate on it. Memorize it. Agree with it. Speak out loud the words of mine that are revelation and rhema to you. This word is the active reality of my Presence in your life. Don't just sit there and stare. Feed your faith!


Elijah was afraid and ran for his life. When he came to Beersheba in Judah, he left his servant there, while he himself went a day's journey into the desert. He came to a broom tree, sat down under it and prayed that he might die. "I have had enough, Lord," he said. "Take my life; I am no better than my ancestors." Then he lay down under the tree and fell asleep. All at once an angel touched him and said, "Get up and eat." -- 1 Kings 19:3-5

You serve me a six-course dinner right in front of my enemies. You revive my drooping head; my cup brims with blessing. Your beauty and love chase after me every day of my life. I'm back home in the house of God for the rest of my life. -- Psalm 23:5-6 [MSG]

Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. -- Colossians 3:2, 3, 15, 16

No comments: