August 03, 2008

New Again


Day 98
I am able to make everything new. I am able to create something out of nothing. Bring Me your nothing-ness. Bring Me your weakness and your brokenness. But if you are not broken, don't bother coming to Me. If you don't know you are broken, I cannot fix you. You have fixed yourself. You have fixed yourself a mess. I cannot pull you out unless your hands are lited up to Me. Lift up your hands like the tiny child who trusts her Papa to do everything well. Worship Me. Lift up your voice and cry out to Me. I will make everything new.

I will praise the Lord at all times. I will constantly speak his praises. I will boast only in the Lord; let all who are helpless take heart. Come, let us tell of the Lord’s greatness; let us exalt his name together. I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears. Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces. In my desperation I prayed, and the Lord listened; he saved me from all my troubles. For the angel of the Lord is a guard; he surrounds and defends all who fear him. Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him! Fear the Lord, you his godly people, for those who fear him will have all they need. Even strong young lions sometimes go hungry, but those who trust in the Lord will lack no good thing. -- Psalm 34:1-10

I will surely gather them from all the lands where I banish them in my furious anger and great wrath; I will bring them back to this place and let them live in safety. They will be my people, and I will be their God. I will give them singleness of heart and action, so that they will always fear me for their own good and the good of their children after them. I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good to them, and I will inspire them to fear me, so that they will never turn away from me. I will rejoice in doing them good and will assuredly plant them in this land with all my heart and soul. This is what the Lord says: As I have brought all this great calamity on this people, so I will give them all the prosperity I have promised them. -- Jeremiah 33:37-42

No comments: