August 04, 2008

The Word of Action


Day 99
Let my word be established in you. My word is my action. My name is who I am. My word is what I do. When you receive my word, you must choose to let it be established within you. Don't just keep it in your mind; get it down into your spirit by meditation and prayer over it. When you receive my word in this way, then you will understand better who I am.

I watch over my word to perform it. You must watch over my word to participate in the action for which I send it. And you will be transformed by your participation in my action. I do the work, and you are the work of my hands. It is all accomplished by my word.

When you receive a word from Me, in your Bible reading, through prayer, or by preaching or teaching, write it down and pray over it, so that you will be able to take firm hold of the grace I send with it, my grace which is empowerment to act in obedience to what I have spoken to you. I have much to say -- it is always just enough. Receive my words. They are power and action for your living. Are you listening to Me?

But the Lord said to me, "Do not say, 'I am a youth,' because everywhere I send you, you shall go, and all that I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of people, for I am with you to deliver you," declares the Lord. Then the Lord stretched out His hand and touched my mouth, and the Lord said to me, "Behold, I have put My words in your mouth. See, I have appointed you this day over the nations and over the kingdoms, To uproot and to break down, to destroy and to overthrow, to build and to plant."

The word of the Lord came to me saying, "What do you see, Jeremiah?" And I said, "I see a rod of an almond tree." Then the Lord said to me, "You have seen well, for I am watching over My word to perform it." -- Jeremiah 1:7-12

Your testimonies also are my delight and my counselors. My life dissolves and weeps itself away for heaviness; raise me up and strengthen me according to [the promises of] Your word. I will [not merely walk, but] run the way of your commandments, when you give me a heart that is willing. Give me understanding, that I may keep your law; yes, I will observe it with my whole heart. Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word. Establish your word and confirm your promise to your servant, which is for those who reverently fear and devotedly worship You. Let your mercy and loving-kindness come also to me, O Lord, even your salvation according to your promise; then shall I have an answer for those who taunt and reproach me, for I lean on, rely on, and trust in your word. I will walk in freedom, for I have devoted myself to your commandments. It is good for me that I have been afflicted, that I might learn your statutes. The law from your mouth is better to me than thousands of gold and silver pieces. Your hands have made me, cunningly fashioned and established me; give me understanding, that I may learn your commandments. -- Psalm 119:24, 32, 34, 37, 38, 41, 42 45, 71, 72, 73 [AMP]

No comments: