June 13, 2008

Power under Pressure


Day 48
I am the one who holds you up. I am always present in times of pressure. I will make my plans, my purposes and my priorities known to you. I will make you fly like an eagle through mountain passes that you cannot navigate alone. I am the one who makes the way for you, and I am the one who gives every provision for the journey.

Nothing of your own power or of your own making will help carry you through. You must learn to be attentive to my voice, to keep your eyes focused straight ahead on Me, and to keep your heart diligently, intent on doing my will, which is revealed to you by my Spirit. It will not always be what you want to do, but your present pleasure is not always of concern, and it is never my first concern.

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though earthquakes come and the mountains crumble and fall into the heart of the sea [Psalm 46:1-2].

You yourselves have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles' wings, and brought you to myself [Exodus 19:4].

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. Don’t be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the Lord and turn away from evil [Proverbs 3:5-7 NLT].

No comments: