June 12, 2008

Stay on Course


Day 47
My eyes are always upon you, to keep you from being snared and from stumbling. Lock your eyes onto Me, and trust only Me. Set your hope in Me, on things above, and meditate on my word, and you will be conformed to my image. My ways are ever before you, and it is not hard to follow them, if you know them. My principles will become your way of life, and nothing will be able to lead you astray. You can be sure and confident.

The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry [Psalm 34:15].

You're blessed when you stay on course, walking steadily on the road revealed by God. You're blessed when you follow his directions, doing your best to find him. That's right—you don't go off on your own; you walk straight along the road he set. You, God, prescribed the right way to live; now you expect us to live it. Oh, that my steps might be steady, keeping to the course you set; then I'd never have any regrets in comparing my life with your counsel. I thank you for speaking straight from your heart; I learn the pattern of your righteous ways [Psalm 119:1-7, The Message].

For you have delivered my soul from death, indeed my feet from stumbling so that I may walk before God in the light of the living [Psalm 56:13].

No comments: