May 03, 2008

What Are You Fixed On?

Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs


Day 8
I have given you everything you need for this day. Be attentive to my voice. I am always available to you. Are you available to me? Keep your thoughts fixed on me. I will guide you. Every day, work to put my Word in your heart, and store it up within you. It will have a great yield in your life.

Don't put your eyes on people--whether good or bad, do not focus and dwell on what people do. Get to know me so well that all your responses will be correct. I am your source, and my joy is within you. My peace will sustain you. My wisdom will guide you when you are seeking me. I will not falter. You can lean heavily on me. I am always your refuge. You will be prepared for whatever comes. Seek me immediately before you seek anyone or anything else. The enemy waits to infiltrate through the tiniest crack in your armor. Be alert, and be fully armed with my Word and let my truth govern your life. The more of my Word you get into your heart, the more I can recall it to your mind when the need arises. Be faithful to me, for I have shown myself faithful.

And the Lord will continually guide you and satisfy your desire in scorched places, and give strength to your bones; and you will be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water whose waters do not fail [Isaiah 58:11].

But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." [1 Samuel 16:7]

The Lord is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed [Deuteronomy 31:8].

And the one on whom seed was sown on the good soil, this is the man who hears the word and understands it, and indeed bears fruit and brings forth, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty [Matthew 13:23].

No comments: