May 23, 2008

Overcome

Day 27
Keep a steady focus on me, and defer to me all through the day. I will not let you be moved if you keep your eyes on me. My ways are not your ways, but you will know them. I am working when you don't see me. Let me guide you every step of the way. When there are things you don't want to do, persevere in me. In this way you will be victorious over your circumstances. I will give you power, and you will overcome. Discipline is a decision of your will, and submission of that will to me gives you power. The power to do comes from me, but first you must obey and trust.


I have set the Lord continully before me; because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken [Psalm 16:8].

He will not allow your foot to slip; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand. The sun will not smite you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will protect you from all evil; He will preserve your soul. The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in from this time forward and forever [Psalm 121:3-8].

For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith. Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? [1 John 5:4-5]

No comments: