May 06, 2008

Be Filled to Overflowing


Day 11
Let your soul be quiet before me all the day through. Concentrate on listening to my voice, for I have placed my Spirit within you. You have the mind of Christ. Let me rule in your heart. Grasp the opportunities that lay before you to tell others about me. Be listening to me, and follow my lead. I will open the opportunities for you, and I will open their ears and their eyes and reveal myself to them. You are my vessel, my jar of clay. Let me fill you each day with treasure, and I will pour it out wherever you go. Focus on me.

Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations; I will be exalted in the earth [Psalm 46:10].

These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. Teach them diligently to your sons and daughters and talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them to your forehead. Write them on the doorframes of your house and on your gates [Deuteronomy 6:6-9].

But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from ourselves [2 Corinthins 4:7].

No comments: