April 30, 2008

What Do You Want to Be?

Day 5
I am your creator. You must know me more intimately than you know anyone or anything else. I know everything about you, and I love you with no reservation. I know exactly how you can become what I have planned for you. I made you, fashioned you from the inside out, and I continue to form you. I will complete the good work I have begun. You cannot change yourself. I have made you exactly how I want you.

You must get my word into your innermost being, so that I can transform and renew you. You have a will that you must submit to me. If you know my word, you will always know what to do when you are seeking me.

What I need and what I desire is that my people will seek me and know me. This is a continuous process, and it will never end. I will accomplish all I have set out to do. How much a part of it all do you want to be?


O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down. You are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord [Psalm 139:1-4].

Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus [Philippians 1:6].

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will [Romans 12:2].

No comments: