October 06, 2008

All of the Above


Day 134
One writer tells you that, in order to get somewhere with Me -- to get a breakthrough -- you've got to take risks, step out in faith. Someone else says to praise your way out of your doldrums and through your difficulty. Another author admonishes you to get into My presence for bigger blocks of time on a daily basis. One teacher says you must realize who you are in Chist, live as if you are seated in the heavenlies with Him right now -- live from heaven toward earth. Someone else tells you to discipline yourself, study and memorize my word, and cement more holy habits into your daily walk. Another preacher encourages you to spend greater amounts of time in quiet listening prayer, allow my Spirit to hover over you and minister to you. Others stress the great importance of praying in the Spirit, building yourself up on your most holy faith.

So what am I saying to you? Yes to all of the above! Deliberately come after Me with everything you've got. There is no end, there is no limit to Me. Run headlong, keep your shoulder to the grindstone, jump off the great cliff of certainty into my ocean of surprising grace. Keep your hand to the plow, laugh and sing and dance hilariously with Me in the heavens; sit on my lap, your head on my chest, and let Me sing you to sleep. Never stop pressing in to know Me more.

But even there, if you seek God, your God, you'll be able to find him if you're serious, looking for him with your whole heart and soul. -- Deuteronomy 4:29 [The Message]

And Solomon, my son, learn to know the God of your ancestors intimately. Worship and serve him with your whole heart and a willing mind. For the Lord sees every heart and knows every plan and thought. If you seek him, you will find him. But if you forsake him, he will reject you forever. -- 1 Chronicles 28:9 [NLT]

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. -- Jeremiah 29:13 [NIV]

No comments: