September 11, 2008

Be Unshackled


Day 125

I am always doing something new. Each day is pregnant with possibiliy for those who will put their trust in Me. As much as you hang onto the old things of your life and partial understanding of Me, this is how much you will limit what I am able to do in you today.

I will work where there is faith. You have heard me say this repeatedly. I will say it again . . . Faith only comes through knowing Me -- experiencing me -- allowing Me to reveal Myself to you more. People trust who they know. Do you know Me? How well? Better than anything else?

If you keep trying to force Me to fit into the understanding of your finite mind, you are putting limits on Me, and your life will be characterized by those limitations. If you want to free yourself from these (your own) shackles, ask my Holy Spirit to lift the veil from your eyes. Ask Him to lead you into all truth. Read my word. And as you meditate on it, trust Me to peel away one more layer of finite human reasoning, and reveal to you innermost being the new layer of truth I want you to perceive for today.

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. -- Isa 43:18,19

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! – 2 Corinthians 5:17

So let us know, let us press on to know the Lord. His going forth is as certain as the dawn; and He will come to us like the rain, like the spring rain watering the earth. -- Hosea 6:3

But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. – John 16:13-14

No comments: