August 23, 2008

Wind in Your Sails?



Day 113
When the winds of adversity blow, hoist up your sails. This is an opportunity for Me to show myself strong. Face into the wind. I've got your back. Always keep moving forward with Me, when movement is necessary. I will let you know. But you have to be listening. Especially when other winds are howling, you must have your heart trained to hear my voice.

I know how to take hold of the forces that appear to be raging against you, to turn them, arrange them and harness them to work in your favor. Everything must bow to my plans. Everything that does not will be blown away.

How willing are you to yield to my works within you? Will you be built up and let your life be sculpted by the wind of my Spirit? Or will you be blown away?

He wraps himself in light as with a garment; he stretches out the heavens like a tent and lays the beams of his upper chambers on their waters. He makes the clouds his chariot and rides on the wings of the wind. He makes winds his messengers, flames of fire his servants. -- Psalm 104:2-4

The wind blows (breathes) where it wills; and though you hear its sound, yet you neither know where it comes from nor where it is going. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit. -- John 3:8

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. -- Romans 8:28

No comments: