July 31, 2008

United Heart


Day 96
Don't compartmentalize. If you hold things outside of my jurisdiction, those things will trip you up. You must lay everything at my feet. And you must let go of it all.

I am not a grabber. I don't snatch things away from you. I am a Giver. I give life and I bring wholeness -- every time a person comes to Me, ready to receive. But how can you receive anything from Me if you are holding on to something else?

Fear, suspicion, unbelief, pride, self-preservation, pet peeves, worry, favorite things that won't take second place to Me, the mind-set that closes in tight and says, "but what if . . . ?" All of these must go. They are idols and they are strongholds in your mind that keep Me out. Let them go. This is repentance.

For You are great and work wonders! You alone are God. Teach me Your way, O Lord, that I may walk and live in Your truth; direct and unite my heart [solely, reverently] to fear and honor Your name. I will confess and praise You, O Lord my God, with my whole (united) heart; and I will glorify Your name forevermore. -- Psalm 86:11-12

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. -- John 10:10

Therefore then, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses [who have borne testimony to the Truth], let us strip off and throw aside every encumbrance (unnecessary weight) and that sin which so readily (deftly and cleverly) clings to and entangles us, and let us run with patient endurance and steady and active persistence the appointed course of the race that is set before us, looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus, Who is the Leader and the Source of our faith [giving the first incentive for our belief] and is also its Finisher [bringing it to maturity and perfection]. He, for the joy [of obtaining the prize] that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising and ignoring the shame, and is now seated at the right hand of the throne of God. -- Hebrews 12:1-2

No comments: