July 27, 2008

Rear Guard

The Indian Ocean
NASA


Day 92
What does it mean to stand back and let Me move in a situation? It means, in the face of difficulty, to back up into Me. I'm at your back -- I have your back. I am your rear guard. It means to turn away from the problem and see Me, face to face. Then give Me room, give Me opportunity, give Me time, to breathe into you my life-giving, transforming power.

You will become a channel of my power, a vessel of my grace, without realizing it, as you worship Me. Fix your eyes on Jesus. Praise Me in the morning. Praise Me at noontime. Praise Me when the sun goes down, and in the watches of the night.

The Lord has demonstrated his holy power before the eyes of all the nations. All the ends of the earth will see the victory of our God. Get out! Get out and leave your captivity, where everything you touch is unclean. Get out of there and purify yourselves, you who carry home the sacred objects of the Lord. You will not leave in a hurry, running for your lives. For the Lord will go ahead of you; yes, the God of Israel will protect you from behind [Isaiah 52:10-12].

O Lord, I have come to you for protection; don’t let me be disgraced. Save me and rescue me, for you do what is right. Turn your ear to listen to me, and set me free. Be my rock of safety where I can always hide. Give the order to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress. My God, rescue me from the power of the wicked, from the clutches of cruel oppressors. O Lord, you alone are my hope. I’ve trusted you, O Lord, from childhood. Yes, you have been with me from birth; from my mother’s womb you have cared for me. No wonder I am always praising you! My life is an example to many, because you have been my strength and protection. That is why I can never stop praising you; I declare your glory all day long [Psalm 71:1-9].

No comments: