July 16, 2008

From Death to Life -- Every Day


Day 81
Don't ever allow the enemy to get an upper hand. He will never stop trying. You must keep your feet firmly planted on the Rock, and you must keep yoursef open to be continuously filled only with the Spirit of God. It's far too easy to get out of tune, because the environment you are living in is nearly always hostile to you.

So you have to maintain discipline over your soul to keep yourself wholly attuned to my voice and the promptings of my Spirit. This requires focusing of your spirit, a constant renewing of your mind, death to your self and its desires, and a continued yielding of your entire being to the lordship of Jesus, your true King.

So train yourself to listen to my voice, my word. KNOW IT. Say no to yourself. Say yes to God.

Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour [1 Peter 5:8].

Why do I live [dangerously as I do, running such risks that I am] in peril every hour? [I assure you] by the pride which I have in you in [your fellowship and union with] Christ Jesus our Lord, that I die daily [I face death every day and die to self] [1 Corinthians 15:30-31 (AMP)].

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain [Philippians 1:21].

I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me [Galatians 2:20].

No comments: