June 24, 2008

The Secret Narrow Path of Abundance

(Follow the Shepherd)

Day 59
If you focus on Me you will never be disappointed, even about your circumstances. I am He who sustains inner joy and peace regardless of the situation. Do not react to your circumstances out of your emotions. Respond out of your spirit to my voice. You will hear it because you know Me. You know my character enough to discern my leading.

I am infinite. You can never use up my resources. My well never runs dry, and my mercies are new every morning. Keep my words before you. They are a road map, through every terrain and territory you will pass through. You have all that you need.

As you understand my instruction, make it your priority to obey it. This will keep you on the narrow way, and you will avoid every thorn and pitfall. If your gaze is fixed on Me, it will be easy to obey and it will bring you peace like you have never known, the more you do so.

If I have given you my Son, I have given you all things, and you can walk in security, nowing that I am in control and that you lack nothing.

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength [Philippians 4:12-13].

The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep [John 10:3,4,9-11].

What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all--how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? [Romans 8:31-32].

No comments: