June 28, 2008

Stand Firm

Day 63

Painted Rocks, North Carolina


You can do all things through Me. I give you the power -- it is available. Make your plans acording to what I have shown you, and I will direct your steps. You can get yourself so saturated with my word and truth that you will always have the right answer, know the right choices to make, and be able to do every good work I have prepared you for. It requires concentration, dedication, and being determined in your mind to never give up.

Keep on keeping on. Purpose at the start of each day to set your mind on Me, fix your eyes upon Jesus. Then when you start to seek Me you will see my provision. Keep on seeking Me through the day. My Spirit will remind you, enable you, guide you.

I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength [Philippians 4:13].

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps [Proverbs 16:9].

Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus [Philippians 3:13-14].

Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain [1 Corinthians 15:58].

For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come [2 Corinthians 1:20-22].

No comments: