June 22, 2008

Fresh Flow


Day 57
I love you. That's why I died for you. And I rose from the dead, conquering death once and for all. And so I give you power to live as I lived, with the constant life-giving flow of God's omnipotent Spirit through your life.

Your thought processes, your attitudes, your decision-making process, your motivation, and thus your actions, will be led by the flow of my Spirit into you. I am not stagnant,and I will not become stale. I bring newness of life continually. Do not stop the flow or clog up the channel by allowing your thoughts to be controlled by human emotions or by the influence of anything that does not come from God as its source. The only way to become Christlike is to be Christ-minded, by willfully fixing your mind on Christ and his word. It's a simple formula, but sometimes it seems as difficult to find as a needle in a haystack, because you let your mind be clouded and cluttered by all the cares of life in this world.

And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you [Romans 8:11].

Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life [Romans 6:5].

Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him" [Lamentations 3:21-24].

Therefore, holy brothers and sisters, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, the apostle and high priest whom we confess. We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first [Hebrews 3:1, 14].

No comments: