June 09, 2008

Feed the Hungry

Woman feeding birds
Madrid 2007 - by Josh Tracy
fingerprintimages.net


Day 44
My word stands forever. Believe it. Rely on it. You can be sure, because you have a firm foundation. Keep your feet planted on the solid rock and you will not be moved. You can be bold to share my truth -- It is life. I am the life-giver, and I will give life to others through you, as you care for them.

I will instruct you. Each day I tuck into your spirit the fuel and resources required for that day. If you don't use them, they are wasted. Watch and pray, and be alert so as not to waste opportunities for Me to work through you.

You can provoke people's thoughts to be awakened to Me. Challenges await you every day. Watch for the opportunity and be ready to speak truth and act in kindness. Be bold and courageous, and speak the truth in love. You don't need a lot of study books or programs. My word is the book, and my Spirit is the program. I will prepare people's hearts, and I will lead them, but you must feed them. The people you care about are my sheep, not yours. I have entrusted you to feed and nurture them, a simple challenge every day, with the food of my word. Trust Me and obey. I have built your relationships. Now I am building my word into them.

The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever [Isaiah 40:8].

Be very careful, then, how you live, not as unwise, but as wise -- making the most of your time, because the days are evil [Ephesians 5:15-16].

He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of John, do you truly love Me?" Peter was hurt because He asked him a third time, "Do you love Me?" And he said, "Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you." Jesus said to him, "Feed my sheep" [John 21:17].

No comments: