May 21, 2008

One Day at a Time

Day 25
Let not your heart be troubled. Trust in me. I know everything that surrounds you. Do not look to those things. Keep your heart set on things above. Watch for my provision as I lead you. No one else is walking your path, but I am with you. I alone can understand all the longings and the questions of your heart. I am your counselor.

Be careful to take care of the responsibilities I have given you. Don't seek to make money or to be successful. Seek Me. I will make opportunities for you as you are ready. My path will be clear to you. You don't need to clear the path ahead of you; just stay on it. I am making a way through the wilderness. Let my word and my Spirit guide you. Commit your way to me and follow me.

Don't worry about things that are in the future. Take care of the things for today, and I will take care of tomorrow. Obey my word to you for today. I will guide you, so that you don't waste time and so that you can rest and be refreshed. Be diligent, and watch for my provision.


And he said, "Listen, Judah and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem and King Jehoshaphat: Thus says the Lord to you, 'Do not fear or be dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours but God's'" [2 Chronicles 20:15].

Set your mind on things above, not on the things that are on earth [Colossians 3:2].

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own [Matthew 6:33-34].

The Lord is my shepherd,
I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.
He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
For his name's sake [Psalm 23:1-3].

No comments: