March 06, 2010

Who Am I?


Calvinist – No!


Arminian – No!


Baptist? Methodist? Wesleyan? Presbyterian? American Baptist? Southern Baptist? Lutheran? Anabaptist? Congregationalist? Episcopalian? Quaker? Moravian? Salvation Army? Dutch Reformed? Christian Reformed? Church of Christ? United Methodist? Evangelical? Pentecostal? Pentecostal Holiness? Church of God in Christ? Church of Christ in God? Church of the Holy Spirit? Church of the Holy Spirit in Christ in God? Apostolic Church? Four Square?  Trinity Triangle?  Free Evangelical? Free Methodist? Free Evangelical Pentecostal Church of God in Christ in the Holy Spirit? ? ? Menonite? Assembly of God? Congregation of God? Church of God?


No.  (I mean no disrespect, but God is bigger than all of it -- than all of us.) 

Jesus Christ, the Word of God, the Righteous Son of God, the Living One, Messiah, Savior, Healer, Deliverer, Redeemer, and Eternal, Sovereign Lord of all; Perfect Sacrifice and my Righteousness in God; Author and Finisher of my faith, Lover of my soul, Who is able to save to the uttermost (completely, perfectly, finally, and for all time and eternity) those who come to God through Him, the Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, Counselor, Comforter and Friend; King of kings and Lord of lords, the Faithful God of peace who calls me, sanctifies me wholly, preserving my whole spirit and soul and body blameless unto His coming – YES, YES, YES, a thousand times YES!

My identity is not in an affiliation with any organization or belief system or packaged list of doctrines; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. My identity is in Jesus Christ alone, the One Who saves me by His Grace.  No matter how hard I try, I cannot fit Him into my doctrinal statements.  HIS WORD is Truth. 


Oh, Lord, unify Your church. Protect us by the power of your Name–the Name you gave Jesus–so that we may be one as you are one. Move us to listen to the words of Jesus so that we may have his full measure of joy within us. Protect us from the evil one. Sanctify us by your truth. Your Word is truth. May we be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent Jesus and have loved us even as you have loved your own Son. Continue to make Yourself known to us, Jesus, so that the love the Father has for You may be in us and that You Yourself may be in us fully – Christ in us, the hope of glory! 

I am a child of God.  And the greatest truth of all is this:  God is Love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN AND AMEN!!!
Mom (aka) GG