September 02, 2008

Refuge

Eagle's Nest -- NASA


Day 119
Come and get under my wing. Say close. Let Me hold you close. Why do you run around like a chicken with your head cut off? Here and there, running, running, back and forth, up and down, in and out, trying to keep it all together, trying to make it all happen... You're driving yourself crazy. Stop. come and get under my wing. Rest. Pour your heart out to Me. Let Me get in there and put it back together. Let me clear it out, and let Me fill it up. You've barely begun to receive all I want to give you.

Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him. For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease. He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection. -- Psalm 91:1-4 [NLT]

Jerusalem, Jerusalem, killer of prophets, abuser of the messengers of God! How often I've longed to gather your children, gather your children like a hen, her brood safe under her wings— but you refused and turned away! -- Luke 13:34

You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Each man's life is but a breath. Man is a mere phantom as he goes to and fro: He bustles about, but only in vain; he heaps up wealth, not knowing who will get it. But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you. -- Psalm 39:5-7

O my people, trust in him at all times. Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge. -- Psalm 62:8

You have bedded me down in lush meadows, you find me quiet pools to drink from. True to your word, you let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction. You serve me a six-course dinner right in front of my enemies. You revive my drooping head; my cup brims with blessing. Your beauty and love chase after me every day of my life. I'm back home in the house of God for the rest of my life. Psalm 23:2, 3, 5, 6 [The Message]

No comments: