September 29, 2008

Infinity


Day 132
Why do you think I gave you an imagination? So you can meditate on Me. With your finite mind, you cannot comprehend my thoughts. My ways of thinking are far beyond you. But if you give your imagination to Me, let my Spirit take the wheel and drive you into the deep of my heart, you will begin to experience more of Me.

What do you enjoy in my creation? Basking in a beautiful sunset at the ocean's shore? Riding the exhilerating white waters of a mighty river that splits through a formidible canyon? Resting in the peaceful quiet of the great redwood forest, sparking sunlight gently falling on your shoulders through the treetops? Reaching the peak of a Rocky mountaintop, sharing the eagle's view, miles of amazing beauty stretching out beneath my sky of blue? Staring into the black, star-speckled night, resting in perfect peace on a hilltop far away from every manmade thing? Walking through a beautiful garden, fragrant breezes flowing over flowers and grasses, hedges and shrubs of every pastel and brilliant color, size and shape?

Let these places be doorways of your imagination for my Spirit to take you into new discoveries of who I am and how I long to reveal myself to your heart. Fix your mind and heart on the immensity of Me.


Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me. -- Psalm 42:7

He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams. -- Psalm 23:2

And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God. -- Revelation 21:10

For as the earth bursts with spring wildflowers, and as a garden cascades with blossoms, so the Master, God, brings righteousness into full bloom and puts praise on display before the nations. -- Isaiah 61:11

The wall was jasper, the color of Glory, and the City was pure gold, translucent as glass. The foundations of the City walls were garnished with every precious gem imaginable: the first foundation jasper, the second sapphire, the third agate, the fourth emerald, the fifth onyx, the sixth carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, the twelfth amethyst. The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate a single pearl. The main street of the City was pure gold, translucent as glass. -- Revelation 21:17-21

No comments: