July 04, 2008

Will You Be Tossed About?


Day 69
When I call you to walk out on the water, it won’t be during times of calm. I give you grace – power to walk over the waters of the tempest. Ask Me to give you the command, and immediately obey it. How will you keep from being tossed about? Don’t be tossed about! Take courage – I am calling you. I am teaching you, I am guiding you, and I am holding you up with the right hand of my righteousness. Keep your eyes on me. Pay very, very close attention. Do not give your attention to the waves. Whatever you give your attention to will carry you about. Do not let your attention be divided. Press in, press into Me.

Meanwhile, the disciples were in trouble far away from land, for a strong wind had risen, and they were fighting heavy waves. About three o’clock in the morning Jesus came toward them, walking on the water. But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, "Take courage, it is I; do not be afraid." Peter said to him, "Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water." And he said, "Come!" And Peter got out of the boat, and walked on the water and came toward Jesus [Matthew 14:24-29].

God alone has spread out the heavens and marches on the waves of the sea [Job 9:8].

Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing. If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord [James 1:2-7].

No comments: