July 14, 2008

One Thing


Day 79
Your prayers are powerful for the pulling down of strongholds. You have all the weapons. Simply use them. Don't struggle to use them -- just use them! Walk in the power of my might. Persevere in obedience. Do not be weary in your well-doing. Struggling makes you weary. Walking in the power of my Spirit makes you strong. I am your source of power.

When you are completely plugged in to the power source, there is nothing that can stop you, nothing that is impossible for you. The work is in remaining connected (abide in Me). This is to be the focus of your efforts. It's in the seeking, the pressing in, the throwing off that which hinders, the drawing near,the taking hold of, standing firm, and clinging to Me. Make it your habit -- constantly refocusing on Me. Meditation on my word will help you do this.

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus [Philippians 3:12-14].

No comments: