July 06, 2008

Make Room


Day 71
I know your heart. I know every concern of your heart. Will you lay them all before Me? If you hold onto things too tightly, I cannot have my way with them. Whenever a thing is of such concern that it causes you to worry, to spend time turning over in your mind about what you should say, what you should do, you are being anxious, like I told you not to be, and you are not letting Me take care of it.

What does it mean to let go? How will you know when to do or say something and when to refrain from doing or saying? The way to know is by absolute dependence on Me -- moment by moment. This is not natural for you. It is learned. As you learn this obedience, your life will be guided and ultimately controlled by the Supernatural -- Me!

This happens by starting each day with your full attention given to Me. Make the room, and give the time for this to happen. Then, as you go through the day, keep making room for Me and keep turning your full attention to Me.

Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life [Philippians 4:6,7 - The Message].

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. I know you are Abraham's descendants. Yet you are ready to kill me, because you have no room for my word [John 8:36,37].

No comments: