July 10, 2008

Come Closer


Day 75
There is a difference between planning ahead and being prepared. I do not ask you to plan your future. I plan your future. I ask you to be prepared for what I have planned. If you seek my face, and not just my hand, you will have my full embrace, my arms surrounding you, holding you next to my heart. I give gifts to all my children, but not many of my children let Me hold them close and impart to them the fullness of my Spirit.

As long as you keep Me at a distance -- at arm's length, or even father away -- you will only be partially prepared for the future I have for you.

You're all I want in heaven! You're all I want on earth! When my skin sags and my bones get brittle, God is rock-firm and faithful. Look! Those who left you are falling apart! Deserters, they'll never be heard from again. But I'm in the very presence of God— oh, how refreshing it is! I've made Lord God my home. God, I'm telling the world what you do! [Psalm 73:25-28, The Message].

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne [Revelation 3:20-21].

No comments: